Monday, November 3, 2008

Just shooting the breeze

Time can (seemingly) go by so that before you know it an entire week can go by without even realizing it. That's the reason why it's been so long since my last post.

Things got a bit busy so haven't had an opportunity to post. However love it when it's a good busy. For The Skinty readers, I just joined a gym and I'm excited about that. Literally like 10 minutes ago. I'd been wrestling with the idea for some time now. On one had I didn't want to join a gym figuring it would be better/cheaper to just invest in another treadmill. On the other hand that wasn't working for me:) I can get in a groove of working out at home just to stop short due to the room being either too hot or too cold and not being able to properly adjust it. Easier to get into a comfort zone when I do this. AND well I think that's it:) Reasons why I didn't want to join the gym is extra cost, the attitude that can be found at some gyms of having this perfect body. Preferring to join an all women's gym but not having any near me to do so etc.

Bottom line however is, the weight needs to come off permanently and I hadn't been making efforts lately to continue the process. I'd stop walking with a friend of mines a few months ago and haven't been active since. It was hard waking up an extra hour daily but felt so good once I got out there and once I finished. Before the holidays hit, thought it the perfect time to get at this thing and get the pounds off.

I've also been busy with school and a ministry in which the Lord has blessed me to lead called The Gathering. I've created a blog to track the event details/dates at thegatheringpa.blogspot.com. It's exiting to do something that I know God placed on my heart to do some time ago. Not just the ministry but working with the youth. And looking forward to everything He has in store for it.

Lastly I'm reading a book by John Piper called This Momentary Marriage. The book is awesome and is about what the title describes it to be, marriage. But Piper dives into the topic in a way that points the reader to Christ. Which ultimately puts focus on our relationship with Him. As a single this is probably the 1st book I've read on marriage where the goal is so clear and that need to be a "good wife" is necessary to both the married and single. Certain points in the book hit close to home as a single. Although I did buy it so that I can learn more about the topic and preparing in the event I'll walk down the aisle one day. However it's one of those books where even if the desire isn't there for the one reading, a Paul of this era so to speak. They could read this book and grow in their faith oppose to it being something they'd read for someone else who desires marriage or so that they're able to rightly divide the word when the subject comes up. Rather it points the reader to the fact that we're the bride of Christ and the commitment shared between Him and us.

And that's about it for right now, hopefully will be able to be more consistent in posting in the days to come.

No comments:

Related Posts Widget for Blogs by LinkWithin