Wednesday, November 5, 2008

The Outcome 2008 Election




I've been pondering all day on what to post about concerning the newly elected President Obama's win. One one hand you can't deny history being the first elected "black" president. On the other hand I wrestle with the truth that to reference him as simply a black man is to deny his roots. As I feel about the Halle Berry's the Jazmine Guy's the Lisa Bonet's etc. of the world. On one hand history has been made not only in his being elected, but the #'s at the polls were staggering and the states that sealed the deal for him is like wow! On the other hand I'm reminded of the marchers who rally for Mumia while knowing very little about what they're marching for. Some simply not wanting to be ranked among the prejudiced and hateful. On one had I had some issues with what Obama represents the truth not the lies told of him, on the other wasn't that strong on that of McCain's.
My bottom line? I'm glad God is in control of my life not an election. I get to see a glimpse of maturity in my walk (not thinking I stand let me add!!) because I'm sure there is a time where not only would I not have had any on the other hands I would have been down right irate concerning his win. Nevertheless I focus on God's sovereignty and pray that this is an issue of conviction that's going to be done in this man's heart, not a further downhill slide for this country when it comes to morals.
And I hope when Obama looks back on pictures like these if one of his two daughters do find they've "made a mistake" he'd remember the love he had for them and not stand for the murder of that which comes from his bloodline.....all I know is there will be much prayer to be had if I'm to keep that focus on God's will and not man's evil heart.

No comments:

Related Posts Widget for Blogs by LinkWithin