Tuesday, November 18, 2008

Shooting the breeze again:)


Welp here we are again with a lacking in posts:) I've concluded that I'll need to dedicate time to post or it just won't get done. The design posts I tend to schedule a few in advance but can't really do that when I want to speak on something relevant in my life for that moment, don't know what's going to be relevant a week from now compared to what is today.

What I can say to be relevant to date is the fact that I've just read (well about two weeks ago now) one of John Piper's new books titled This Momentary Marriage. I'm kinda in a place where, I haven't lost my desire to marry but at the same time I feel ready to move past the topic and I know that's more frustration than conviction. This book puts the desire and purpose of marriage into proper perspective. If we're studying our word we know that (and of course that's dependent on where one is in their walk) marriage is an earthly example of Christ's love for the Church. Husband in the "role" of Christ, put that in quotes because it's an example of His love not his authority spiritually you cannot die and save her soul fellas:) And wife represents the church where children represents disciples. Piper takes what the word clearly states and presents further example via his own marriage as well as other areas of scripture that encourages both the married and the single. I'd recommend this book for every believer rather you're are single and content to be as in no desire whatsoever to marry because it ultimately points to Christ and it's a good tool for speaking with those that do have the desire to marry. We can sometimes place singleness as being higher than marriage and vice versa so when someone comes with a legit desire for either, it get shut down by opinion or personal conviction. And by personal conviction I don't mean what's cool for you isn't cool for me, something that can be used to condone sin but there are areas where one can have a conviction to do or not do and not another, a male isn't necessarily called to pastor simply because he's male for example. But saying that to say we can guide others by our convictions rather than by the word of God.

I'm grateful to God all that He's teaching me on marriage, I use to take every book on marriage that I'd read as being for me so when I marry I'm ready, that's partly true it is something you want to prepare for however He's been using these resources to teach me about Himself. Rather I marry or not doesn't signify what or how I learn of Him.

On that note, gotta get ready for work so have to end it here:)

No comments:

Related Posts Widget for Blogs by LinkWithin