Wednesday, December 24, 2008

Merry Christmas Everyone!!!


Welp it's Christmas Eve and I wanted to take some time out to wish everyone that checks out this blog a Merry Christmas. This may be the 1st year that I'm not buggin about money spending and the greed/consumerism of the holiday. I always felt that the one were seeking to celebrate, Jesus Christ is the last person we think on. Perhaps because I myself purposed in my heart not to do a lot of shopping and to give to those that are not among my household and focus on those close to me that is causing my change in thinking.

Then I'm really looking forward to celebrating with my family who are (at least a good number are) believers as well. Celebrating Him doesn't have to mean focusing on say a set way of doing things but giving Him glory in how we love and reflect His love to others. For instance I was reading a review for Candice Water's book Help Get Married. Not even sure why actually I must have clicked on it.....okay I know why I'd commented to a past review and went to view responses. The negative reviews took issue with some of what the book stated and mentioned that our desire should be in the Lord and not seeking a mate (paraphrased statement). I felt the thought unfair being the nature of the book being this isn't a review of it, won't get into heavy detail of it.

What is making me think of it is, at some point in my response I mentioned that we can glorify God in marriage, being that marriage is an earthly example of Christ's love for the church. It's true those desires have to be properly submitted, examined etc. But the mere mention of the desire seems to put many in a frenzy followed with a need of the individual in said frenzy to warn people to love and hope in the Lord not marriage. Problem is not everyone who desires marriage, have an off desire or seeking to be fulfilled via a mate and at times it's even His shaping the desire and drawing people to one another. And therefore He's glorified (my statement also paraphrased:))

Tying into Christmas, just because some, okay many are consumed by the buying an out doing each other etc. Doesn't mean that's everyones agenda and my primary focus is for it not to be my own. Even if it means being a light among those who do make that their primary focus. Rather than stating my stance of not falling into the traps. Showing love and being a godly example of how this holiday can be enjoyed without going broke.

So I'm looking forward to doing just that enjoying family and friends. Thanking and praising my Lord, the only one born to die and for someone so unworthy as myself. It's amazing and I for one and so grateful for His sacrifice.

I pray that you and yours have a very Merry Christmas, that you enjoy your family and friends. And if you have neither to speak of I pray the peace of the Lord will consume you. That you will enjoy Him and love on Him. Dig into His word get to know Him all the more.


Isaiah 9:6 For unto us a Child is born, Unto us a Son is given; And the government will be upon His shoulder. And His name will be called Wonderful, Counselor, Mighty God, Everlasting Father, Prince of Peace.

Isaiah 7:14 Therefore the Lord Himself will give you a sign: Behold, the virgin shall conceive and bear a Son, and shall call His name Immanuel.

Luke 1:30-33 Then the angel said to her, "Do not be afraid, Mary, for you have found favor with God. And behold, you will conceive in your womb and bring forth a Son, and shall call His name Jesus. He will be great, and will be called the Son of the Highest; and the Lord God will give Him the throne of His father David. And He will reign over the house of Jacob forever, and of His kingdom there will be no end."


Grace & Peace Donna aka faith215

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Merry Christmas!!!!

faith(215) said...

Thanks Chakia, hope ur Christmas was a blessing:)

Related Posts Widget for Blogs by LinkWithin