Monday, January 5, 2009

Can't sleep therefore I blog

It's 12:43 in the morning and I can't sleep!!! Part of the problem is the fact that I fell asleep really early last night. Possibly in the 8:00 hour even I'm not 100% sure. Which was due to my not feeling well, which was prompted by my not eating enough for breakfast. When I don't eat or don't eat enough (except when fasting glory to God!!) by a certain hour in the day, I get the worse headaches one could have and typically they do not go away for a day. You'd think with knowing this, rather than saying to myself at 11:00 am oh I'm still hungry better go grab something else to eat...oh but wait it's almost lunch time I can ride it out, I'd listen to what my body needs and eat.

I think I may have learned my lesson this time because that was not fun oh my goodness. Yesterday was the 1st day back to work and we're looking at a boatload of it so I didn't want to ask to leave early yet I needed to because along with the headache comes nausea. When I went to the vending machine to grab something in hopes of it helping, it wouldn't take change so went to the cafe at my job, for some odd reason they were closed early and the other vending machine there was on empty. So I suffered until I got home which only made me eat more when I was able to.

It's weird having your body go through changes I think in my head I'm going to do what I've always done, but at 35 my body does not do what it always has and therefore I have to respond to it rather than it responding to me. It's been my prayer to become a healthy eater because I want to not because I have to well reality is, even if there isn't any illness dictating to me to take certain foods away, I think I've pretty much graduated to have to status and not just for weight loss. And yesterday the food I chose was good for me actually, had a strawberry banana smoothie, strawberry banana yogurt LOL just realized that, and a banana just realized that too what variety:) But didn't get to finish all of my smoothie and the yogurt and banana wasn't enough to hold me yet I didn't leave to go to lunch until 12:30. Today will get me in some nice hearty oatmeal and have that yogurt and banana again. Oh and I had my dunkin donuts decaf too byt my body was like girl stop playing and feed me LOL. Having to realize also because I'm getting back on board weight loss wise, I have to eat more than I will say in a month as my body get accustomed to these changes again. I pray that this is my last journey down this road because it's quite tiring and not good on the body either going up and down back and forth.

At any rate I decided concerning this blog that I won't have the regular features I'd planned out previously. I just realize I don't have the time like I use to to stay on those types of updates oppose to writing when I can like now. I'll still talk about the things I'd planned however will be more sporadic rather than weekly focus on a certain topic may make an exception with weight loss but I'll see, if for no other reason to have that documented weekly.

With that said, I'm going to try to get back to sleep now sigh I did one of this while on vacay yet this is the second night since going back to work that I've been bright eyed with no sign of relief and usually I don't get sleepy again until an hour or so before time to wake up but what's going down tonight (or this mornin:)) is I'm going to pray that the Lord will shut these eyes of mines, not permanently of course:) And that I wake up refreshed able to make my breakfast and get the kid off to school without dragging fussing and not having the time to eat properly.

til next time.

No comments:

Related Posts Widget for Blogs by LinkWithin