Wednesday, January 21, 2009

Not so bad after all

My last post I mentioned some eating struggles this week and yet I managed to lose 2.5 pounds anyway. Just came from a fitness assessment at my gym and at 6:00 I weighted less than I did this morning. Not sure if it's the difference of the scales or my body wasn't done but I'm thrilled. I'm contemplating working with the trainer a few weeks but I'm going to pray about it. Because we're talking extra money that may not be necessary to spend. Where a trainer is beneficial is she'll push me in ways I wouldn't myself. Yet she did (this particular trainer) her class last thursday I felt ever muscle in my body LOL so if that's good enough that's good enough. Yet it can be helpful when it comes to using the machines so I shall see.

I'd worked with a trainer that came to my church about two years ago now ans he set a right foundation so again I'll see only thing is we only worked with hand weights not the machines and I want to ensure I have right form. Plus she knows the things I need to do to get this stuff off. Don't want to rush it off yet want to be as efficient as possible. I told her my primary goal right now is to get back into the 100's. She wants me to sit and think of all of these goals but I'm like honestly I want to get past the 200's then get to 160 and see from there if I still need to lose anything. Not going to front I'd like to be able to wear pretty dresses and heels again comfortably but ultimately not seeking to lose for that reason so she may be a lil disappointed with my lil list.

I like the trainer though, doesn't seem focused on selling me a bunch of fluff that she thinks I want to hear but rather is focused on getting me to goal and what's going to help me to do so healthy so I like that. So praying to see if I should go that route, spending wisely is the main concern. Not terribly bad prise wise when I break it down yet again do I need to go that route?

I was sitting on the bus thinking hey I only did that one cheesesteak review on here LOL guess it's going to be a minute before I do another because until I'm out of the 200's, really trying to focus on not eating too far away from whole foods or the close enough stuff like today I ate falafel that was friend but surrounded by tons of veggies and on a whole wheat pita.

But I'm determined this is the last round for the weight loss journey, all this stuff is coming off!!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hey sis,

If you can afford it, I would stick with the trainer for about an month. I wish I could. They don't have any small gyms (only curves and the like). THey do have the big gyms like Bally's and Golds.

I think I would like to have a trainer for a little while, and I know they don't come cheap. If it's the Lord's will, I would like to find on (who is christian and reasonable.)

Be encouraged sis. Do your best, pray and the weight will come off. :)

faith(215) said...

Hey Lady:)

I'm most tempted to go with the training to keep the early good start going and even getting these first 50 off as fast as possible. She got to talking about getting those muscles in order and I'm like I 'm all for it! But I know what to do I just have to do it and I need a refresher with the machines so I'm looking at that wanting to buy a car and housing repair and thinking hmmm is this the best time.....lemme pray. With what she does in her classes along with some of the others, concluded that's good for now but I am going to take the sessions soon, the lowest were 10 I believe or the prices just got real crazy anything over that.

And I'm still going to get in contact with the trainer who I had come out to the church so when he does, may just train with him again and utilize it at the gym this time around rather than at home. He whipped us into shape LOL only issue was once I got home, I wasn't working out, too tired oppose to now going at lunch or right after work and it's walking distance. So it's working.

Preciate the encouragement too!!! just what I'm doing and just was saying to the folks @ my church that the focus is on keeping the mind in order not the food and fitness and staying in prayer and so far so good:):)

I'm going to email you who trained us, maybe he knows someone in your area....you know the person basically but didn't want to post here.

Related Posts Widget for Blogs by LinkWithin