Sunday, January 18, 2009

The weight loss front

This has been a rough week food wise but I think I understand why, well not so much week as the past couple of days. First started on Friday. I didn't bring lunch, decided to buy out but wasn't sure of what I wanted so walked over to the gallery here in Philly. Not sure why because it's not that close to my job considering the weather on Friday. Anyway I got there and didn't want a salad in case that's what I was to eat when I got back home. So didn't want a salad, decided to do a Chick fil A kids meal but thought to myself well may not want to do that in case you go out and have to eat out. Decided I wasn't going back out due to the cold and got it. Wasn't really bad calorie wise, bad sodium wise as my doctor warned me to eat less of it and I typically don't check sodium but now doing so I realize yeah I have to watch out for these foods not just calorie wise but other reasons as well.

And when I say not bad, I mean compared to what I'd already eaten that day. Anyway I did end up going to an event at my friend's church and had to leave maybe 15 minutes after I got home so didn't get to eat. I wasn't terribly hungry, even when we did stop to eat at 10 something at night and the choices were slim. Checkers, pizza hut or kfc. I couldn't think of any healthy choices at the time out of the three so went for Pizza Hut. Mind you my friend did ask where I'd like to stop but couldn't think of any place and when she went to Checkers after my pizza hut stop, realized they have a grilled chicken sandwich.

Anyway got my personal pan and ate half of it while in the car. Got home already wasn't that hungry but ate the rest anyway. I realized after my lunch and also something I feared, that I'd get certain cravings but wasn't sure why I was even thinking that way at the time. Yet my thinking was correct.


I read a blog today where the writer stated she's having trouble with rice and basically how it set off cravings and I asked why that is below is the response:

"It's the fast digesting carbs in refined foods like rice, white pasta, white breads, processed snacks. It causes an insulin spike and crash, which leads to cravings."

So that explains why I hadn't been that hungry eating my whole foods and why I'm so much more satisfied and not struggling to not think about food. I'd even grabbed some chocolate chip cookies earlier that day on Friday and didn't eat them, had no desire for them. So saying all of that to say I'm persuaded to stick to my whole food plan.

Today I ended up eating some salad I had left over from yesterday and two slices of pizza. I fought not to eat my usual 4 but now that I know what the issue is I'll be able to combat it better.

So not sure what things will look like weight loss wise but I'm happy to know simply making those better choices and not taking it for granted will do the job.

Tomorrow I go to the gym to get a fitness assessment. I wasn't going to go because when I scheduled I forgot I'd be off and I'm not near that area at all outside of the work week. But I didn't work out Friday because my body was still in pain from the boot camp I did on Thursday (and still is now!:)) so I don't want to go until Tuesday before I work out and will be limited at home.

So I'm excited man I think this is it this time, no more up and down on and off. Being mindful that it's an every day battle even if I feel full but get lazy in working out or whatever the case I have to turn this over to the Lord daily or else I'm one day away from falling short.

No comments:

Related Posts Widget for Blogs by LinkWithin