Thursday, February 19, 2009

Jehovah-Rapha -God my healer

A few months ago a friend of mines sent me this email about fruits and veggies and how they can impact health. I was hesitant to read it as first, as I am those types of emails because often times it's some bogus claim seeking to sound godly that says at the end pass it on to x amount of people to be blessed in some kind of way.

Yet being over the health ministry at my church, I decided to check it out and read further into it. Basically the article showed how these different fruits and veggies connected to a part of the body in which it would serve. For example a carrot is good for the eyes, would help to post it just as it's written but I'd have to dig into my inbox to find it, will post a separate day.

Anyway so it showed how the carrot resembles different parts of the eye. Hard to picture but if you cut the carrot it's seen better. Or the kidney bean, which helps with the function of the kidneys etc.

Thought it was cool after I'd read it but left it at that. A few weeks later I had a check up at my doctor's office and she ran some tests. She gave me a call a few days later stating she'd seen some things going on with my Kidney's and wanted me to get a test done. First thing I did was begin doing some research on the kidney. I'm not use to being very sickly so although I man know of different things to be on the look out for, not something that I think about too much so to familiarize myself more with what could be, began to do some searching on line.

I came across one article and it showed a picture of a kidney and I immediately thought of the article my friend sent me. How much this kidney looked like an actual kidney bean. I was then reminded of how I'd been craving these foods with kidney beans in it. Literally ate chili and rice and beans for about a month. Not daily but couldn't get enough of either!!

I was so excited I began to pray and thank God for His provisions and that whatever it was she saw, He'd graciously showed me He's got it taken care of.

I went to get the test done last week and the technician told me she didn't see anything there. At first she kept asking me questions like are you getting fevers, ever have problems as a child etc. And I'm worried a bit like oh she must see something. But reminded of His provisions, just began to pray. She told me that my doctor must have requested the test due to my having high blood pressure and that she saw nothing there. I recall her saying specifically that she saw something so all I say is praise God and thank you Lord!!

No comments:

Related Posts Widget for Blogs by LinkWithin