Wednesday, February 25, 2009

Getting it together

I prayed that I'd focus on my weight not for vanity reasons but health and oh is that prayer being answered. I posted last about my kidney situation, I'm also dealing with high blood pressure and migraines which I believe I mentioned those in other posts also.

I've never been a sickly person and always been overweight yet now it's beginning to have an effect on my body to where it's necessary to get this stuff off. I'm grateful because I've been struggling with losing for the past couple of years and I concluded that's partly due to the fact that I'm not focused on outer as much. Not frontin like I don't find it important or still like clothes and things. But there was a time when all I needed was for a pair of shoes not to fit me right for me to get going with weight loss. Being a believer and I'm sure growing older plays a part as well, that's no longer my focus.

Also my prayer is to glorify God in my body, it's where He dwells it's how I carry out His work and being drained, tired and sickly won't render me effective in doing so. So I'm grateful for the suffering I'm having to endure because it's pushing me to get er done.

I'm doing well in my training I'm so happy about that. As mentioned I keep getting migraines so I had to cancel a session once, the second session I decided to take it on but work lightly and found the exercise helped to alleviate it. Also looked into foods that can trigger migraines and of course many of them are foods I love yet if I don't want a migraine I'll give them up which will also help with the weight lost. Not sure exactly if any of the foods listed triggers them but I'm being mindful. Did notice when I missed drinking my water I had one for two days straight, helps to get in all my water I tell u that much:)

I have 4 more sessions with the trainer then it's off on my own again, I'm grateful that I did it, I'm losing inches I think I'll have my trainer take measurements at my last session. She'd done so before we trained so I'll see the results afterwards but I learned a lot of techniques and that fatigue is a good warning that it's time to stop. She also did full body work outs with a mix of cardio and weight training. The variety helps to stick to it because you know that tedious thing she has you doing is going to end quickly and on to the next. Find I hate just about all floor exercises but I'm getting stronger so I'm getting through them better.

I'm so excited to be enjoying working out, getting over hurdles with my health that would have been my reason for throwing in the towel in the past and God being faithful in allowing hardships to grow me up.

Oh and I'm not going to weight in today, every now and again I have to walk away from the scale because although I'm seeking to lose weight I don't want to be focused as if I'm on a diet but a change of lifestyle so at least this week I won't weight thinking maybe three and it will be a nice surprise to see how much I've lost once I do.

No comments:

Related Posts Widget for Blogs by LinkWithin