Thursday, February 12, 2009

The Love walk---again:)

During my hang out time on Saturday, somehow the topic of love came up. I did 50 things that day so let me clarify LOL while riding in the car with my friend. She'd asked me what did I think about the phrase I love you but I don't like you. It use to be an often used phrase by me as we aren't called to like folks and will not like much of what they do due to the sin nature.

However as I've stated in a past blog, we're discussing love in Sunday School and when this comment came up the same question was posed what does everyone think concerning this and long story short the teacher looked up the word and found that it wasn't in the bible nor could there be found a biblical translation for it. Now I'm like okay that doesn't keep me from using it because when someone says "God is a beast" you're not going to find that in the bible either LOL yet if understanding of the term it's speaking of his awesomeness not used as an insult towards Him.

So okay so far I'm still with I love you but don't like you, until another sister brought up the fact that there shouldn't be reason for that thought to come up. As in if we are to love, what reason would my not liking a person play a part in any conversation or reaction to the person? Then it was concluded that we may not prefer a person rather than stating we don't like them.

Which makes sense, I may not be the best of friends with everyone, but if I love them I will give them the gospel. If we're talking a fellow believer, I'll respond to them as the Father responds to me. There are some things and unfortunately not one specific comes to mind (and that may be a good thing:)) but some things that I may have done and thought God was okay with them, to find out that He'd simply had mercy on me and one day out of the clear blue He'd make me aware of the fault whatever it was so that I could repent of it. Where as, as soon as I'd see someone in a sin I'd be all over them and not in a way that they could hear what was being said to them which of course was written off as their own hard heartedness not a lack of love on my part.

Yet in His response to me I've learned/am learning how to respond to others. And in cases where I find myself not meshing with a person rather it's sin in their life or a personality trait that clashes with my own. I'm learning to pray more speak less or being slower to do so. And being accepting when it comes to non sinful issues but personality traits. For instance a person may be on the quiet side and so what seems like disrespect may be their own discomfort in communicating with someone they don't know. And I can relate to this one for sure to a degree so pray I'm not being an agitant to someone:) But learning who my brother and sister is and loving them accordingly not based on how I want them to be or what I feel they need more of.

Quite a rewarding effort I must say and it's my prayer that the Lord would continue to grow me in this area and get His glory.

No comments:

Related Posts Widget for Blogs by LinkWithin