Thursday, February 26, 2009

These shoes were made for running

A few weeks ago I somehow ended up with an injury to my left foot. I don't recall doing anything or even feeling anything abnormal after working out that Friday but by the end of the day my foot was killing me and I couldn't stand on it long.

I could walk and it only hurt on the bottom but it was really uncomfortable. I decided to wait it out for a little while to see if it felt better on it's on, they go to the doctor's if necessary. I'd cancelled my Monday training class but still went to the gym, doing low impact things but found it to help my foot a little. Decided to do my Tuesday session but asked that the trainer keep it low impact as well which she did. She'd mentioned to me once before about getting some better sneakers to work out in. I had some cute tigers that were meant to be just that, cute. Had some better puma's at home but again not meant for working out. At the time I was in just do it mode so I went to the gym, picking up little things here and there as they came to mind to get and my body just let me know now is the time to invest in those sneakers.

So one day on my lunch break I stopped at a store called Philadelphia Runner philly runner is a store for runners obviously, but good for those that workout period, also obvious. What's different about this store is you go in and they watch you walk in order to recommend a shoe to you based on your foot specific. The lady that helped me mentioned that my arch wasn't that high (or deep forgetting:)) so she suggested a type of shoe that I of course don't recall the lingo but that would function correctly for me. She then measured my foot to my surprise I'm up a size to 11!!! Shocked lol I asked doesn't your feet stop growing at a certain age? In which she responded never because as you age the arch begins to flatten. Oh fun:)

So I tried on three pairs of sneaks and ended up with a pair of asics which were most comfortable and thankfully most affordable. These sneaks were not cheap however I felt the price I paid was worth it in the end so didn't look around and compare shop. Now that I'm typing this I probably should have:) But the extra service given was a factor too so no regrets.

I've worked out in my new sneaks for a week now and they feel so good on my feet, I'm tempted to wear them daily but am reminded of the fact that I want to make these last for as long as I can, letting only workouts wear them down.

Getting ready to go to work so will post an image of them at a later date:)

No comments:

Related Posts Widget for Blogs by LinkWithin