Monday, March 23, 2009

Another post about nothing:)

I just had the best oatmeal just now from Trader Joe's and will probably be one of the few individuals eating it throughout summer. I have to check the ingredients when I get home before I buy another box.

I know this post will sound way too deep for something like oatmeal LOL, But I'd been trying to make the closest thing to perfection literally all summer. When I buy oats from my job (non instant) they're nice and creamy, when I try to make them at home, they're fluffy bits of oats and came across a site that I thought would aid me in getting them just right but ended up getting a bag of Bob Mill's Oat Bran instead of Oat Mill. I kept looking at the flakes like this looks different but can't pinpoint it LOL. Needless to say still haven't perfected them the way I'd like. And one reason I want to perfect these is so that I'm not eating the instant with all the extra stuff added, I'm monitoring it and so I save money not buying the cooked oats at work when I can make it at home. Oatmeal also is something I can turn to easily and stay full off of until lunch time. By turn to I mean it kicks any craving I may have for bacon eggs cheese etc. And leaves me satisfied. Weird because I never liked them growing up.

I've decided not to weight in until further notice. I feel so much freer when I don't and I can judge by my clothes rather or not I'm losing or gaining. I'll just drive myself coo coo if I weight, at least while the scale is moving like a snail. Yet my clothes tells a whole other story. Just have to remember to get a tape measure now to keep up with inches lost.

No comments:

Related Posts Widget for Blogs by LinkWithin