Friday, March 20, 2009

It's Spring!

The first day of Spring and although it doesn't feel like it I cannot be more pleased. Every winter I threaten to leave Philly and come back during this time. But not only will that never happen I never mean it:)

I love the change in weather and love that Spring is the season that follows winter. Ever experience a Spring day where it's like nice and sunny and neither hot nor cold? LOOOVE those days if I could bottle them up I would. But with winter, I love how the cold produces opportunity to pile up in tons of blanket. I'm one that sleeps with a comforter on my bed all year long yet only truly enjoyable during winter months. Fall is usually chill but quick to me and summer is hot but when I find the most free activities for my daughter and I to do.

So as far as I see it, God has blessed my region with nice variety rather than it being a curse or some sort of cruel joke. Of course I say this, specifically related to winter the day after it ended. But it's true, also is a season in which I find myself often reflecting on His provisions for me because if I don't have cash to pay PGW (Phila Gas Works) or PECO (electric co) than I'd be faced with a cold home. While similar issues can pop up in the summer, people die from intense heat, for whatever the reason it clicks for me during winter months, perhaps because I'm rarely home during summer.

So I bid adieu to you winter until next year:) Spring and free Rita's here I come:)

This is so not what I came on here to talk about but it's cool to write posts about virtually nothing every once in awhile:)

No comments:

Related Posts Widget for Blogs by LinkWithin