Saturday, March 7, 2009

Weight Loss Update Pt 2

The GWF band is a band that gives you an output of how many calories you burn each day, how many you need to burn to lose weight and how many to eat to lose weight. Weight loss if for how I have it set, you can actually use it to maintain and I believe gain as well. Also keeps track of your steps taken daily and sleep patterns. 

I'm really excited to use this, got it yesterday so first time trying it out. The reason I decided to buy it is because I'd been having so much difficulty keeping an accurate record of my calories consumed in comparison to how many I was burning. I think I'd reported on here that I wasn't eating enough, therefore my body was storing calories and causing me to gain rather than lose. Always good to find out I need to eat more than to cut back more:) However as I've stated before this is a battle of the mind to get this weight off and seeing that scale go up and down does nothing for seeing defeat in that area. I'd debated about rather I'd buy the band because it's not cheap and I'd already invested in the training and running sneaks, not trying to be a victim of putting out tons of money for something that is as simple as moving more and eating less. But in knowing that it's not that simple for me, and the back and fourth can wear on both the mental and the body, not even mentioning the health issues I've experienced. I actually need to use wisdom in making some choices that's going to get the weight off and keep it off. I just said to myself looking at the site for this band man I should have brought this before and even rather than investing in the trainer. Because it's going to tell me how much I need to move. However the trainer has taught me how to ( and let me say added on to the teaching from my 1st trainer at church) have proper form, that I can list a 20 pound weight, how many reps to do for me, that if I stick with the push ups I'll see that I'm stronger and can in fact take them ectect ect

So these things are an investment not a waste of money and if I couple what I've spent on more frequent doctor visits, higher prices for clothing my size, medication this past year among other things I'm sure, the food from over eating etc. These investments will actually save me money in the long run. Will just have to ensure I stick with it and not put the band on the self or the teachings in the mind and not putting them to action. 

According to the GFW site, (there is a personal page for me to track my progress) I will be at goal by Dec 12 if I lose two pounds weekly and that's a goal of 160 btw. Again with getting at this mind of mine that was music to my ears LOL. Not far away at all and because I have the band, say when summer months come and I eat more or eat more not as good for you foods, it'll tell me that I need to burn more oppose to me counting the day as a lost cause. 

So grateful for the turn around, now I can only blame me if I don't have any losses or gain weight which points back to getting at my mind, renewing this puppy. Of course there are things that come up like water weight during TOM, but speaking on when I do something and can't figure out why I've gained or maintained

Will be posting some screen shots and things of the band and let folks know if I'd recommend getting it. 

No comments:

Related Posts Widget for Blogs by LinkWithin