Tuesday, October 7, 2008

So can't wait for this! ESV Bible


I've seen the ESV bible spoken of on many of my favorite sites, blogs, etc. to visit but never understood why it was so popularly used. However of course there had to be a good reason behind it and of course the Holy Spirit would lead me to it:)

I initially learned of the new study bible that at the time was in the process of being released from solofemininity.blogs.com I proceeded to the link that was provided on the site and looked it over. At the time there was a free print out for the history of The Psalms and I was hooked. I'd been praying for study tools that would allow me to learn God's word in it's context which includes history, what was written and why it was written rather than some of the cliche reasons we can tend to use His word apart from it's original context. So I was truly excited to find this and ordered.

Yesterday I'd noticed the cost of the book was taken out of my account which let's me know that it's on the way. I read a bit more about it on their website, I recalled that with my purchase I can access an online version for free. Came across more details on the ESV bible which is a literal translation of the original scripts which are without error sweet I tell you sweet!!!


If you'd like to find out more about you may visit www.esv.org

No comments:

Related Posts Widget for Blogs by LinkWithin