Friday, December 19, 2008

God at Work Part I

I had a conversation with my coworker this morning that lead me to thinking. First of all, what is it that ultimately make us Christian, not asking with a lack of knowledge concerning my question but more so pondering. Let me explain the situation.

Coworker informs me he may be leaving this place of work because he's really stressed, doesn't like the current leader in the company not as a person but lifestyle choices and "it's not a right environment for a Christian".

In talking to this coworker specifically concerning Christianity, I don't plead the fifth but I've learned in past situations/rebukes not to point fingers the way that I may want to. As much as we can speak on things concerning doctrine, I find myself wondering if he's indeed saved and therefore pray for him and refute that which is needed without opening up arguments. Which is what caused me to ponder, what ultimately makes us Christian and how are we to respond to diverse situations.

Certainly there are working conditions that are to be if not totaly avoided before even considered applying for them, left because it presents such a struggle or would be like casting pearls before swine. I too can relate to his desire to leave for these reasons. The issue for me is on a personal level I know the Lord has me hear for a reason one getting educated for free in the area of print and web design. The other, I've witnessed to individuals who may have only had a church experience, never heard the gospel. As well as believers who also know more church experience than gospel. Although indeed saved by grace through faith, the walking it out would be a bit scketchy and knowing God purposely brought us together to edify, not just me doing so but being as well.

Then there is the issue of being in the culture not of it. Opportunities a plenty present themselves to be a light in darkness. Not participating in certain functions, attitudes and language how we respond to things etc. I know for a fact that the Lord has shown me undeserved favor on the job from being made into a permanent employee after temping for several years to promoting me rather quickly through the ranks to which I just recently mentioned to said coworker these promotions are coming from Him not man or my own ability because truth be told I'm still clueless and in it all get praised for a job well done.

And it is indeed these things I have to dwell on when I'm about ready to bounce myself yet at the end of the day when the desire is to glorify God in all areas, it won't be emotions or discomfort that'll drive us away from a place but the desire to do His will live out this life for Him. And I simply don't see that being the case here. Will do a part to to speak more on it and certainly not beating up on coworker so much as using this situation to reflect on some things:)

No comments:

Related Posts Widget for Blogs by LinkWithin