Friday, January 2, 2009

And so it begins.....



I'm just realizing that I'm beginning my eat healthy journey at the beginning of the year. Although I'd written about it being my focus yesterday, still truly didn't plan it out to be this time of the year for the sake of the date so much as getting past the holidays. I was hoping to do the challenge on the Holy Culture Radio forums but for some reason thought it began today. Not sure why being the post spoke specifically on it being the 1st LOL. Still may participate being I wasn't in it for the win of the ipod (prize to the one that takes off the most weight by July I believe) as I need the accountability. Will see, forgot to weight myself this morning before leaving out (also my reason for not logging weight on the forum yesterday) so will do so tomorrow.

The reason why I like to do morning is our weight is different in the morning than it is at night, most important thing is to be consistent in weight ins than the time of day. However since I'm use to weighting in the morning and I already know I've gained some weight back, not trying to go there LOL.

Oh and the pic is all the goodies I picked up at Reading Terminal here in Philly. I love this place, specifically one of the fruit stands called Iovine Brothers Produce. It's inexpensive and lots of choose from. Today was more costly than normal as the prices tend to go up and down, but even with that fact I paid $15 for tons of fruits and vegetables. It bugs me to no end when I fall off because I truly have no excuse too much goodness it at my hands. Today I'm off so took the hike but otherwise this spot is fairly close to my job so I can stay with the foods I need.

My prayer is that the Lord will give me the strength needed to become disciplined in this area. As I was just saying to Him, when I fall off I'm not concerned about how much lettuce I'm missing out on or strawberries so I pray not to be consumed with the last time I had a good piece of Fried Chicken but to be satisfied with these beautiful delicious foods He has provided while still enjoying my other favorites in moderation. My health is in danger if I don't get it together so it's gotta be by His power or bust.

Keep me lifted good people! Oh and will get it in at the gym next week when I'm back to work, now feel like I should have joined one closer to home yet I'm sure I won't feel that way when I'm back at work next week.

No comments:

Related Posts Widget for Blogs by LinkWithin