Thursday, January 1, 2009

Doing fine in 2009 LOL:)


Happy New Year to everyone!! For the 1st time in years I fell asleep and didn't see the new year come in or catch watch night service. However grateful to be awaken to take it in now:) Decided to write a bit on where I plan on focusing this year.

I don't usually do the whole resolution thing but decided to take advantage of the newness and write out some things I want to focus on this year.

Here is my list in no particular order:

1. Get more organized, started off well last year, want to continue doing so this year.
2. Better time management- kinda coincides with getting organized but I use to be really good with both but now I actually have to make conscious effort in some areas not to be late, not to "overbook" myself so to speak:) Rather it's serving in ministry, taking on a design project, or classes plus more I'm sure.
3. Realize that my memory isn't the same as it use to be LOL and invest in a nice pocket sized planner:) Or put more on my phone calendar.
4. Get to the gym consistently and not overdo it, Rome wasn't build in a day:)
5. Get the rest of this weight off and try to not gain any back!! It gets harder and harder the more breaks I take. Easy to get lazy when it's just me looking at it but looking at pics, just will not do. Not trying to be skinty:) But get to a healthy weight.
6. Consistent in bible study- I never set a set time to pray set time to study because I didn't want to do anything that would just become routine yet for one thing who said God is anti order LOL. And by not having a set study/prayer time, I can easily fall off or find myself relying solely on what I've read while on the train to and from work.
7. Do more talking with the kid. We are very close (praise God) but as she gets older there are certain conversations that are necessities for me. Don't want to find myself staring at an 18 year old who no longer think it necessary to listen to her mom. So one of our first convo's will be about her still being my child when she turns 18 LOL.
9. Pray for others more- doing so now but again it's sporadic want to compile a list of folks to pray for on a regular until that prayer is answered.
10. Love those who hate me - God is certainly working on me in this area and if I peep back into history I'm getting better but see that need to still grow. And especially on the job.

I'll stop with those 10, keep me in your prayers as I move forward with these things!!

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Happy New Year!

The cliches will be coming from the some churches! LOL

I'll be praying for you. I was actually at church, in the nursery, with a little baby boy laying on me. That was a first! But it was cool.

I also wrote a list of things that I wanted to accomplish (by the grace of God) for this year. I hope by the end of the year, God showed His favor on me in those areas!

God Bless!

Anonymous said...

*ok...there are some typos

*cliches coming from some churches*

*when the new year came in, I was in the nursery*

faith(215) said...

Hey Chakia, Happy New year to you too!!

Yeah I'm still waiting to hear the cliches but I know they're coming so figured I'd have some fun with it:)

Heading over to check out your list.

faith(215) said...

Oh assumed it was on the blog:) But echoing u concerning God's favor!!

Anonymous said...

I posted a few on my blog related to work today. I don't have a personal blog. I'm thinking about doing one, though. I have a myspace page. I haven't written a blog yet.

faith(215) said...

ahh that's right, makes sense being it's about work. I have like totally abandoned myspace LOL. trying to get back in the mix of logging on there but facebook and blogging here has taken up that time.

Will check out your work list tho.

Related Posts Widget for Blogs by LinkWithin