Wednesday, January 28, 2009

Design Watch-Favors and things


I have not posted a design watch post in ages, reading a blog recently reminded me of this fact and something I'd recently done and decided to share it here.

This was some decor I'd done for my pastor and his wife's wedding anniversary surprise we (the church) threw for them. As I usually place on my profiles, I like to do anything crafty/artsy and one of the many things I enjoy doing is favors and thing things for events like this, weddings, showers etc.

And the blog post I'd read, spoke about that struggle of focusing on the craft while seeking to glorify God. It's really easy I believe for artsy types to make that their entire world if not careful. Certainly know the struggle and therefore we can find ourselves constantly placing things into perspective.

And a the scripture of focus she'd posted on was the Proverb 31 women which is one of my favorites to focus on when people want to make this out to be a vain thing. Gifts comes from God, Satan can and indeed does perverts them and our flesh can lust after them over Him. But they indeed come from Him and therefore it's Him we seek concerning them and what He'd have us to do with them. And this is one of the ways He's allowed me to utilize this gift as well as the other areas of focus (print design, web design, hopefully photography soon:)). I placed these frames with different scriptures on marriage on each table. Rather it's earthly marriage or our being the bride of Christ. After the event, the guests took home a frame and will have that to view for as long as they choose to have it I suppose:) Anyone that comes by will see the frame and it may spark them to ask questions. Saved or unsaved or give them something to mediate on when saved. So it can serve as another way of being a witness of Him.

I cannot wait to get my hands on someones wedding LOL. The things the Lord has taught me over the past few years concerning it, I'd love to tie it into someones decor if not my own:):)

Also on the table were the flowers behind the frame, a pic of my pastor and his wife two wedding rings linked and some mints that the kids kept scooping up before it even started:) Well the adults too can't just get on the kids:) And I absolutely loved doing it.

No comments:

Related Posts Widget for Blogs by LinkWithin