Sunday, February 8, 2009

Monday already!

The weekends seem to go by so fast now adays! Each day moves at the same pace just seems to go so fast and probably a showing of how stuffed our days can get. At least my own. My weekend started off Friday evening where I was suppose to go to First Fridays at Epiph but my friend that I typically go with cancelled due to being worn out from the week. As much as I wanted to go, it was a blessing because I needed that rest as well. And we just ended up (my friend and I) talking on the phone a bit then not sure how she finished out the night but I think I went to bed pretty early.

Next morning Women's Fellowship at my church which is always a blessing. The sister that spoke just encouraged the women to hope in the LORD and remember He's not slack concerning His promises for their lives. It's a recurring theme in my renewing this mind series that I'm doing:) And will be doing until my last breath but simply not allowing self to dwell on things that are anti what He's stated in His words and down to specifics He's shown me in my own life (Which never will deviate from His word let me add!) For example no matter how hard situations get He will not leave nor forsake me. Not myself or anyone else can separate me from His love and on the personal level how He'd been leading me to pray and to believe He will not only give an answer but supply that which I'm praying for (again does not deviate from His word:)) I'm so very grateful for His love and provision for me. So not cliche when I say I am not deserving of it!

Next after women's fellowship I had a moment to hang with my friend E in which we attended a demonstration and chatted a bit to and from. I don't know how I coped before being a believer because there is nothing like getting with fellow believers and talking about our LORD. And even having that listening ear to encourage or rebuke you if need be.

From there I went home for a moment then off to babysit my almost 2 year old niece. She is so precious! And and an easy baby to watch!:) Especially since my daughter takes her over which we battle but I let her do so:)

The next morning came home then went to church Sunday school where we're learning about walking in Love. I remember being so intrigued by love growing up. Dealing with so many hateful folks I guess I had the mindset that I didn't want to be that way and would be a loving caring person. Well not so much when you get down to the nit and grit of things. When God exposes you for who you are and all the nice neat relationships had in the world are torn down and you're aligned with people that aren't so much like you and probably couldn't stand while in the word and therefore avoided. And they're not even the enemies let's not get on them! But they end up not just being the folks you're called to love but even within the body those that are now your brothers and sisters in Christ and are to be treated as such. So it takes a lot of dying to flesh.

The of course followed by the word, my pastor has been teaching out of 1 Peter for the past couple of weeks, speaking on what we're called to as believers. To love again that word:) To die to self and to live Holy. Music to the ears of those called to this walk( if submitted let's be real). Non sense to those who are perishing.

Then after church we went to check out the philly car show where we met back up with my bro and his fam plus ran into my sis and her fam (for a minute). I probably wouldn't even want to invest in many of those cars anymore but they are certainly nice to look at. I was thinking as I looked at the Rolls, my mom rented one of those for my prom and my bro's prom and can't imagine how much that must have cost her so was thinking about everything that money could have went towards:) Nevertheless nice to look at.

Lastly my daughter and I went to dinner before heading home. Praying dinner didn't do damage because I did not tread lightly. I went with where my daughter wanted to go rather than myself but should have because the light meal that I planned on getting they were out of so I went for broke. And while I don't want to get caught up like that I'm still seeking to stick to not going there until I'm at least down 50 but we shall see.

When I got home I went straight to bed, watched the end of Extreme Home Make Over and turned the tv off for bed.....at 9:00:) Which is why I'm up at 1:53 blogging now:) But can't blame my early night to bed because I always wake up like this.

But this is why weekends go so fast for me because this is what they look like typically:) With the exception to the car show I usually stick close to home on Sunday's making brief runs but try to get everything done on Sat and straight home after church if not hanging out with the fam from church afterwards.

Back to this early morning thing I'm grateful that today I have a doctor's appointment so I don't have to wake up as early and it may even end up being a day off with the way things work out by the time I finish up my appointment to go to work it may be time to leave so I shall see. Hoping to get to the bottom of why I'm getting these migraines so often. I do believe the culprits are the teeth because now I'm feeling that wisdom tooth that needs to be removed and it ain't nuthin nice! But I'm going to the doctor's first because I'd missed a follow up appointment a few weeks ago anyway, then heading to the dentist from there (not same day btw) I know it won't be fun but I'm looking forward to getting this thing out and I'm somewhat hoping that's where it's coming from so that there is a reason rather than something I just need to expect unless the Lord chooses to take them from me.

With that said, let me go pray and get back in this bed. I tend to write like I speak for those wondering why this had to be this long:) This isn't a newspaper let's converse I say:) Which speaking of feel free to leave a comment know you or not I don't and saints do keep me in prayer concerning my health at this time.

No comments:

Related Posts Widget for Blogs by LinkWithin