Wednesday, February 4, 2009

Moving at Turtle Speed

Welp I lost a pound this week, I'm grateful for the pound but I also realize I'll need to look into why I've gained the weight last week and only loss one this week. I'm also considering weighting at my gym because their scale said I weighted less at the end of the day fully clothed on there than when I weighted myself that morning at home.

And actually there are different factors as to why I gained last week and was slow this week. I haven't been counting calories figuring I've done this enough times that I know what to do and typically I'm only guesstimating anyway when I do count. But because of the whole migraine issue, eating out more when I take night classes (Although I'm selecting healthy choices, still has an impact because I don't know what's in the food 100%) and not tracking it's not having as big an impact as it could.

I however am not quite ready to count if I don't have to:) What I will be doing is brown bagging even down to my dinner on my night class days. I typically take breakfast and lunch to work already, not as much this week but typically. But being more diligent in that will make a difference, I know what I'm putting into my own food and I have counted enough to guesstimate how many calories I'm eating, even going back to some of my old journals and just following them by the day.

Working with the trainer has been good, I can see how my strength is building from the time I started up until now and I'm learning all these new techniques. And lastly I've decided not to focus so much on losing the weight. I will be blogging about it here and tracking my losts on the left hand sidebar. But in terms of what I'll be focusing on is that these lifestyle changes will be permanent ones. That I will continue to work out and eat healthier, even if I didn't have a pound to lose because it's not just about weight I just so happen to have to lose some but there are thin people that need to have the same focus. So that's where my prayers will be geared not to say I will not pray for weight loss success but again that's a smaller issue it's how I got to be overweight in the first place that's of focus.

No comments:

Related Posts Widget for Blogs by LinkWithin