Friday, March 27, 2009

Hulu, slim fast & migraines

I love hulu (hulu.com) where you can catch some of your favorite tv shows and movies among other things. I'm just really getting into using it so not familiar with all of the features but I know I had a ball with it the past couple of days.

Yesterday I watched Super Size Me, been wanting to see this for the longest now yet only think of it in passing therefore never brought it. So was happy to find I could watch it for free and let me tell you, it was a great reminder of why not to eat at fast food restaurants, at least not regularly. I'm so programmed to focus on fat and calories for weight loss that I forget about things like sodium, additives preservatives etc. So if I decide I want something, I'll count that into my day rather than all things being considered.

Could be my answer to why I get so many migraines, at least what started it then trying to eat healthy, my body is going through changes which brings on worse headaches. So it was really informative for me if only for that reason. I couldn't stick to the slim fast I'd just started due to a massive migraine on Monday. Waiting until my body wants to participate and doing it again but may just hold on to what I have and do the cleanse I'd been avoiding. Perhaps that's ultimately what my body is dying for me to do.

On another note I'm loving how much I love to work out now. I get so tired however really fast and again I feel it has to do with first the weight that still needs to be lost on top of the headaches and just all of the changes my body is going through. Yet I rejoice at a love for something I once loathed. And realizing a lot of the pain associated (While there will always be some degree of discomfort no doubt) with it has to do with me, not the workouts itself. One more reason to eat well not just workout.

On that note off to Wholefoods in a few:)

No comments:

Related Posts Widget for Blogs by LinkWithin