Sunday, April 12, 2009

He is Risen!!

So it's resurrection Sunday and I'm so filled with joy. Don't know what it is, I reflect on what the Lord has done for me all year round. But something about this dedicated time that truly causes me to reflect on His sacrifice. Perhaps because if I'm speaking to others, the holiday gives the opportunity to speak solely about Jesus. Not my testimony, not the testimony of others not why you go to church pay titles or give offering or whatever other thing that may come to my mind or the hearer's mind. But its' totally about Him why He came why He had to die how we should have been on the Cross instead etc.

Not that the above mentioned isn't about Him also but those things can give more segway to other things and other religions and why they do what they do. When Christ is the center all of that gets squashed not that people won't challenge you but either they believe, a seed gets planted or they do not believe. Not on the basis of anything man has done or proven but solely God alone.

And when it comes to my being redeemed, It's also a reminder for me of when I first got saved, how intimate a savior I have that He'd show me other men may have claimed they'd die for you to get something from you. But I did it knowing you had nothing of worth to offer me. Before you were born before you spat on me before you accused me threw stones at me mocked me and my ways hated my chosen ones etc. Very sobering so grateful to my Lord for His sacrifice one that I wouldn't have done on behalf of anyone if I'm being honest. I'd hope that if a situation came into play I'd sacrifice my life for a loved one. But can't front on doing so for someone that hates me. Yet I pray that He does such a work in my heart that I would be willing to do so ie Stephen. He could have saw their rage towards him and said shoot this is a wipe the dust off situation (Although Paul hadn't said it yet as he was there holding the coats LOL) But seeing their rage and ultimately it was the love he had for his Lord that drove him and like his savior he prayed that an account wouldn't be held against them (all paraphrased).

Let em go before I'm late for church:) Pray everyone reading has a beautiful blessed Resurrection day. Pray that this day until the day He comes for us, we will reflect on the price paid for our sins.

No comments:

Related Posts Widget for Blogs by LinkWithin