Tuesday, April 14, 2009

Weight Loss-Done Cleanse

So my cleanse is done!! I'd actually stopped early with intentions of continuing this week. I got a huge hit with cravings round about Thursday which to be in the 2nd week is odd especially since I was truer to the outline this time around and cravings tend to subside around now. However I had a taste for salmon like everyday. And although I didn't eat it daily, I ate it often and I think that may have contributed to cravings kicking in, didn't feel as though I'd gotten tired of it but perhaps I did yet didn't realize. Or better put, perhaps my body was letting me know it needed other things LOL and therefore they kicked in:)

So I decided rather than fight through, history let's me know I'll just want to binge if I just try to stick it out. I didn't give into every craving but I broke the cleanse and had some of the things I wanted. Altogether I lost 7 pounds but I'm trying to figure out how that is now looking at my weight loss stats on the left hand sidebar. I was going through my plateau yet I don't remember getting up to 245.5 which would account for an additional 1.5 loss. Whatever the case I'm away from those 240's!!! They went out kicking and screaming. Hard but convicting, I never want to find myself re-losing weight again, unless it's because I'm trying to stay within a 10 pound range of my goal weight and yeah I'm not going to be obsessive about it so I'm sure I'll experience the occasional gain.

Now although I stopped the cleanse a few days short, I have decided to stick to what I was eating while on it. Being sure to get in more than just salmon:) and allowing myself some cheese and other things but ultimately my oatmeal in the morning, salad for lunch and fish(or some kind of meat) veggies and if starch, sweet potato or brown rice and snacking on fruit or other healthy stuff. I've been on a fish kick not just with the salmon either but I guess that aided in it. But I haven't wanted anything else which can be good but fish is expensive so guess I'll balance it out with some vegetarian dishes.

Lastly, I'm able to do this cleanse four times a year and so thinking I'll do it once per season this time around rather than just one per year. When I thought about why I may not have done this in the past, my guess is I was thinking about the moola. And yet again reminded:) that the money that will be saved due to better health is immeasurable. My migraine pills were like 20 something last I brought them and to have to take them daily compared to buying this cleanse, the one I did was forget how much but under $20, which would I prefer to do? And it's 4x's a year oppose to continuously. Then there are the blood pressure pills as well, forget what they cost so yeah doing it. And figured if I'm doing this that many times in one year, it'll truly change my diet, making it difficult to fall right back into old habits. Not sure that I'll do the same yearly but will see for this year at least.

Also going to stay with the fiber pills (was included with the cleanse) which can be taken daily. May look into other brands that may be less expensive.

So that's where I am on the weight loss front. Slow but I am getting there, as always a reminder of how my flesh is/what it looks like before God in every area that I struggle in how I have to pray but how I also have to fight it out. Knowing by faith it will indeed be conquered.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

cool! What did you use to cleanse?

Donna said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
faith(215) said...

I did the simple cleanse by Enzymatic Therapy http://www.enzymatictherapy.com/.

They have it at most healthfood places. Use to have it at GNC but I didn't see it listed on their site as a store that carries it.

But I really like it because it's not so restrictive that I feel like I'm missing out on something, unless I just chose to focus on one food type:)

Anonymous said...

Thanks. I'm going to check it out.

Related Posts Widget for Blogs by LinkWithin