Monday, April 27, 2009

Heavy food, ready for the grains again:)

Was on a consecration last week which ended 12 noon on Saturday. Won't say I've been eating ever since, but I did take a wee bit of a break from my grains this weekend and praise God am ready to get back to them today. I went to this Italian restaurant yesterday and got Eggplant Rollatini which is eggplant rolled around spinach & ricotta cheese. Topped with mozzarella and tomato sauce. On the side was pasta which had a bichemelle sauce on it. All tasted so heavy and greasy. Good but heavy. Also a Caesar came with my meal which had loads of dressing and huge chunks of parm cheese and I had an appetizer, warm crab cheesecake. Actually didn't get through much of my main dish because was stuffed after the appetizer. But needless to say after all of that heavy food I'm so ready to get back to my oatmeal and salads.

I may actually try the KFC grilled chicken today, and eat a side salad with it for lunch I shall see.

Got down to 234.5 ( I think, can see on sidebar exact weight) I was so shocked and thrilled. Now 10 pounds away from that plateau weight I feel better about not getting back there and motivated to get further away from it. Also stepping it up in the work out department this week. I missed a few days last week for different reasons. But when I did go in, I did the treadmill, actually 15 minutes on bike, 20 on treadmill and remaining time on weight lifting. I started doing 5 minute runs on the treadmill again. It feels so good to do it! Yet it's hard for me at the same time those five minutes can't be over soon enough for me LOL. I'm looking forward to building up the momentum and perhaps being one of those people running down the street when the weather gets like it is right now.

I was actually thinking about that yesterday, I decided I didn't want to sit in the house after I got out of church and went out to dinner to have what I've explained above. I want to begin changing my focus to what I enjoy doing. I'll always love food and I love going to restaurants not just for food but love to people watch etc. But if I take up running or walking or thought about checking out plays, just something non food related so that there isn't always this temptation to get it in. Well yesterday was planned after just about 3 weeks of fasting or cleansing. Yet need to get out of the habit of feeling that need to reward after accomplishing something with food. Especially since my focus is lifestyle change over I'll eat healthy until I lose weight and right back to old habits.

And with summer approaching this is the perfect time to make such a change.

No comments:

Related Posts Widget for Blogs by LinkWithin