Thursday, April 9, 2009

On the job training

So my daughter is coming to work with me this week due to her being out of school for Easter Vacay. My supervisor comes into my office and not quite sure how we even got on the subject. But basically asked if I'd want to have my daughter work there over the summer.

I just kept stressing how she's not of legal age yet and basically laughing not thinking her serious because she's only 12. One of my co-workers will be out for a surgery for a month and with their being a hiring freeze at the job, I'm guessing she's concerned about what will take place that month and my guess is paying a 12 year old under the table is better than hiring an additional temp.

However that's not about to happen! What I will suggest is a coworker who has a 14 year old, if they get her set up to work there they could do so. Funny I was just teaching @ my church's women's fellowship on Sat. about how my job is yet God has me there for a season. Pretty long season LOL nevertheless and I believe the longness of it has more to do with his being patient with me than anything.

And He recently blessed me by sending a fellow believer there who's walking it out, others say they are but I have yet to see the fruit that accompanies salvation. Yesterday she let me know that her Church will be hosting a viewing of Fireproof on Saturday. I said to my daughter who was with me she had to ask who is this woman the Lord has me working for because I gasped LOL. In all environments the silly goes with me:) Anyway although I have the movie read the book and the whole nine already, was still really exited. Hoping to go with some friends but if not will be rolling solo on Septa and hoping to fellowship with some believers I've never had the privilege to fellowship with before.

I'm so grateful because she's a believer, walking it out, and a appears to be a sweet person. I feel I need that personality in my life right about now, not better than any other at times I feel I need believers in my life that are more no holds bar. Not mean but might not make you as comfortable as you'd like. And even at times need unbelievers (and believers can qualify in this area also) to be a thorn in the flesh. So yeah rejoice in it all and enjoying a sweet nature right about now:)

Oh and I wanted to write on a venture I am going to start my daughter off in, where she learns how to earn money while giving to Caesar what is Caesar's but I guess I'll have to blog that next time around because I got to run and working on the longer posts also:)

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

That's great! Hopefully, you get to meet new believers and they would be open to meet you. Sometimes, we have to get out of our comfort zones of those around us all the time and step out and meet new believers. There is a blessing in that!

faith(215) said...

True Chakia in the blessing. I'm weird I think, in that I fellowship more with believers outside of my local body than within. Not exclusive to a set group or anything, just worked out that way for the past year for one reason or another.


Lately myself and 2 mature-er (just made that up LOL) women in the faith from my church have been having dinner together after church which is truly a blessing.

But I peeped that like yeah let me make efforts to get wih those within this assembly, outside of anything specific to service/ministry within the church.

Related Posts Widget for Blogs by LinkWithin