Friday, May 8, 2009

And so the planning begins

(image from a recipe by Hungry Girl www.hungry-girl.com

I failed to mention in my post explaining the food challenges I'll face this weekend that there is still Mother's Day to be had. I may get asked to go out by one of the ladies at my church who so kindly remembers me on this day being my mother past 3 years ago.

Last year after trying who knows how many restaurants we ended up at Friendly's this year if the offer is extended I'll decline and spend the day cooking/eating with my daughter. And perhaps offer her and her daughter to come with. Thinking about imitating the shrimp and grits dish I like so much from what's becoming one of my favorite spots to eat Relish. I'll do a lower fat version and assuming it'll be lower fat as I'm not sure what's in the dish. Then do the same by way of a dessert. My daughter wants to be a chef and at one point we were cooking together once a month a menu so that she could learn how to make different things and encourage her desire. That faded some time ago but will use this as an opportunity to re-instate that as well as spending that time cooking together.

Tonight is the night I go to the Leah Smith concert also mentioned in a previous post. I checked out the menu at the restaurant/jazz cafe it's being held and going to go with salmon which comes with a potato croquette my guess is as calorie friendly as I could make this at home, it won't be here and I think I'll enjoy it rather than asking for tons of alterations. But controlling my breakfast and lunch, looking at a salad for lunch had a smaller portion of my oatmeal for breakfast with banana and a non fat hot chocolate from Starbucks.

And the concert is early, 5:00 so if I get hungry because I'm doing a salad, I can snack on a piece of fruit and be good for dinner and anything after that, will stick with fruit for it too.

Tomorrow is the bigger test, going to a festival centered around food and I'm so determined to walk away having not over-indulged

No comments:

Related Posts Widget for Blogs by LinkWithin