Tuesday, May 5, 2009

My plan this week

I should probably take a second to mention this isn't a weight loss blog before posting further:) I'm talking about it a ton these past couple of weeks and considered making this my weight loss blog then doing an additional one but just don't see the time to keep up with two so will continue to do as I was however my weight loss posts are/will be heavier than they'd been because it's great accountability.

At any rate, my goal this week is to get to about 232.5-233.5. I mentioned yesterday how the scale is reading 238.5 but don't believe it to be a true gain so with the loss of what would be a 4 pound gain, hoping to lose one to two pounds. Wanted to really go for it and say get to 230, there are those rare weeks when I see an 8-10 pound lost, but in the nature of staying realistic and not shooting for quick loss I'm taking what I can get and 5 isn't unreasonable for me to lose after a gain.

What I'm doing to get there is:
Drinking tons of water- again I think my gain is largely water weight so making sure I'm getting in my water plus a wee bit more than usual.

Eating Whole foods- The type not necessarily the store:) Oatmeal, brown rice, beans, fruits veggies etc. Also Fish & Chicken, cutting out the red meat this week.

Hitting the gym twice daily- I don't burn enough calories in a day to lose over a pound a week, my goal is to lose two which is considered a healthy amount to lose weekly. So my plan beyond this week is to do some walking apart from my hour workout or my 30 day shred dvd by Jillian Micheal's. Because it's better weather (excluding the rainy days right now:)) I'll be doing more walking but with a rain week all week, decided to utilize 1/2 hour of my lunch to get in a short but effective workout. Then doing my hour after work.

Eating 3 meals 2 snacks daily- I'm one of those people that will gain because of not eating enough food. Then when I get something it not being the best choice so I'm being sure to have my breakfast lunch and dinner, sensible let me add along with two snacks, gain sensible so that I'm getting in enough calories as well as not being tempted to eat something that could cause a gain.

Planning out my meals- Not doing this to a science, perhaps I should but I have an idea of what I'm going to eat each day so that I'm not trying to figure out what I want or debating if I can eat it based on calorie content. I will be jotting down what I'll eat on Fri & Sat being I'll be out and about and around temptations.

Paying attention to my thoughts, feelings & getting at bad habits
- My biggest weight loss secret is that I'm killing bad habits and getting at time wasting/unproductive thoughts. For instance seeing the scale go up after getting down so well, well past those 240's normally would have caused me to throw my hands up and say ah well I'm just meant to be this size not everyone is meant to be thin or I'm never going to get past this or I'm never going to beat these bad habits so might as well live comfortably and enjoy my food. This time around I've got my gloves on LOL and getting at them no matter how many times I have to do so.

Most importantly, praying
- God knows me better than anyone, better than I know myself. He knows my needs why I do what I do and I just flat out need Him in all areas of my life or no matter how hard I try, I will be defeated. Doesn't mean He won't have me to fight it out and grow from it, does mean He'll guide me and order my steps if I simply go to Him and ask.

So that's what's going on in a nutshell. I'm making Monday my official weight in day and will update my weight then.

No comments:

Related Posts Widget for Blogs by LinkWithin