Monday, May 4, 2009

New goal/Weight Gain

I've decided to work on a short term goal before doing the other short term goal:) Originally I'd said I wanted to get out of the 200's. However let me just get back to the 220's first then go from there.

I kept trying to post this on Friday but either would close me out or I'd get too busy to do so but knowing I'd do this today, weighted myself this morning and weighted in at 238.5. I do not believe this to be a true gain however (would be a gain of 4 points) so not sweating it too much. Maybe two of those pounds are true ones but I believe it's the sodium intake coupled with a not so great weekend. Just horrid planning first off, I forgot after I said I was going to take it easy in the sodium dept that I said that. Decided to try out the new KFC baked chicken which it evidently isn't meant for me to try LOL. Because the location I'd gone to did not have it yet they gave out coupons to try it at a discounted price over the weekend go figure. So once I found out they didn't have it I went to Golden Crust (a chain Jamaican restaurant) instead and got some stew chicken. Wanted curry but got stew because curry would have been 20 minutes.

Then decided I didn't really want chicken at all so ate the cabbage, plantains and some of the rice and beans with some left over for the next day. Should have been cool calorie wise because it was that weird I'm not that hungry day. However I imagine my sodium intake to have been out the roof.

Then on Sat, knew I'd be going out later to a restaurant in Philly named Relish. Trombone player Jeff Bradshaw was the act for that night so wanted to go hear him play. But before that had women's fellowship to go to which involves food and a kid bday party at Dave & Busters which I figured I'd eat before going and then later at Relish get salmon and steamed veggies.

Well that didn't happen LOL. Women's fellowship was cool, ate 1/2 bagel & some fruit, oranges, bananas, & grapes. Got home from Women's fellowship and ate the rest of my food from golden crust still minus the chicken. I was cool after finishing but realized it wasn't enough to call a full meal. So by the time I got to the bday party (took almost 2 hours by bus, could have gone to NY in that time:)) I was hungry. And my time was off as to when it would be over so ate there instead in case we didn't make the restaurant later and what I got was not the worse but not the best, grilled chicken with bacon and cheddar on a wheat bun with special sauce that tasted a lot like mayo to me LOL. Thought we weren't going to make it to the restaurant but we did and I was again hungry by this point, guess my not so hungry day effected my Saturday which is now my hungry day:) So I ordered an appetizer of gullah shrimp and grits. My guess is the strimps and sauce was cool of course depends on how they prepare it but the grits are so cheesy and tastes like it's prepared with milk so needless to say not the best day.

Sunday was better choice wise but for the sake of post lenght I'll spare the breakdown.


I'm thinking I'll see myself back down to 234.5 in a few days but not going to track until next Monday:) My goal is to get back to that and lose an additional pound or two so a 5-6 pound lost which isn't too hard and knowing my body, especially if this is a water weight thing and not calories (was very active also over weekend let me add) I'm sure I'll do it.

No comments:

Related Posts Widget for Blogs by LinkWithin