Friday, May 1, 2009

Some before and afters

I'm sitting here looking at some old pics of me on facebook and wow if it isn't motivated to keep working this weight off!!

I like the idea that http://morapiggy.blogspot.com/ has in posting some progress pics in her sidebar at different levels of her weight. I'm going to do the same as a reminder to take some progress pics for one thing:) And as a means of showing myself and other how I'm progressing. It's not always easy to look at self in the mirror and see the difference.

at 253


This is the heaviest weight I've ever been. And I think I stayed that size for so long out of sheer depression, and also got that way due to being depressed. Before this, when I had my daughter I was 205, specifically remember this because I'd just done La Weight Loss and found out I was pregnant. Remember thinking how close I was to the 190's and hoped I'd be able to get back on track after I'd had my daughter. Well I gained very little only 30 pounds and it went once my daughter arrived I was back to 205. But climbed from that point up to 253 and stayed there until she was around 7 or 8 years old. Praise God haven't gotten back to this weight since losing.






at 244 (approx)
**At this point I'd lost weight and got down to 229 see pic after this, hence why I'm saying what I am here:)**

When I got up to about 244, I say approx because I wasn't weighting myself at the time and it's funny because I called myself judging by how my clothes fit but as I gained weight back, I didn't notice the difference in the clothes I was wearing! I recall I was coming out of an 18 but couldn't quite get into a 16. But only up to the point where I truly noticed my belt needing to be loosened a few notches did I start losing again and by then I'd gained about 15 pounds back. Needless to say this is the last set back if I can help it and thinking health issues or something not gluttony holding me back!!


at 229


This is when I'd gotten to 229 pounds, a pic from my daughter's grade school graduation. Now I'm not back down to this weight yet, close but when I am I'm going to take another pic, curious to see if I look different being this time I'm working out and eating right. During this time I did some walking, but that was about all on purpose. Oh no I did begin weight training around then but hadn't done so long enough or intensely enough to be a huge difference.


So that's it, I'm going to put either these or some other pics on my sidebar soon and keep updating as I lose.

4 comments:

Unknown said...

I like to keep track of my progress with pictures b/c it helps me actually see it. It gives me assurance that I'm on the right path. More often than not, I feel the same as I did at my heaviest. I guess it goes back to my childhood, I've always had a bad self image of myself. Looking at pics of my progress helps me see me as I am today.
I look forward to seeing your progress pics too.

Anonymous said...

That is encouraging. I just looked at some of my pictures when I had gotten past the 200 pound mark and I can tell the difference now, because I have gained about 10 pounds! :( But, I will get back on track cause the Holy Spirit has been doing some conviction about my eating habits. I have to be consistent and I don't want to look back! Be encouraged! You can do it!

faith(215) said...

Mora yes and meant to stress the fact your doing so by clothes size which was the motivator for me over the pounds. And true I have yet to reach goal weight in all of my years of losing but I hear so often people that do feel they still look the same and sometimes people that have lost as much as 100 pounds so I want to have a true look at things as the scale is going down.

faith(215) said...

Praise God for conviction Chakia and thanks for the encouragement!:)

And I give it right back you can do it too:) Looking forward to seeing the end results for us both.

Related Posts Widget for Blogs by LinkWithin